ClickFunnels VS Convertri — Which is Best for Your Business
Are you in the market for an all-in-one sales and marketing tool for your business? If so, then you will find that two names tend to stand out — Clickfunnels vs Convertri! So which one should you choose for your business? Which is the better tool for internet marketers? These questions can easily spark heated debates among thousands of web marketers from around the world.
Well, our short answer is “neither” — it all depends on what you need and expect to be able to do with such a tool. While there are some similarities between the two such as the ability to share funnels or share pages easily (helps people sign up to their affiliate marketing programs), there are more differences that marketers would want to weigh carefully before making a decision.
In this post, we will go over the specific pros and cons of using each sale and marketing tool. Only then can you decide which is more suited for your business.
ClickFunnels — Is it the Right Marketing and Sales Funnel Tool for your Business?
First, let’s go over what ClickFunnels is all about. If you’ve been in the marketing business for some time, then you’ve probably heard about it at some point. Regardless of what you’ve heard, it cannot be denied that ClickFunnels is one of the best funnel tools on the Internet.
Since its inception, ClickFunnels has helped thousands of marketers create a complete and automated online sales and marketing system. The tool provides everything that marketers could need from the creation of digital products, selling them online, collecting and following up with leads, payment processing and many more.
While most marketers are interested in ClickFunnels as a sales funnel tool, it’s actually capable of so much more. It’s a comprehensive sales automation tool with a myriad of marketing-related features.
The following are some of the most notable features of using ClickFunnels for your sales funnel and marketing needs:
One distinguished feature of ClickFunnels is the ability to create your own affiliate program through a feature called “Backpack”. This said feature enables marketers to work with affiliates and have them promote your product or service for commissions.
As you may already know, affiliate programs are a great way to promote products or services without having to spend upfront on marketing. You just let your affiliates bring in the sales and pay the corresponding commissions.
With ClickFunnels, you don’t need to use a third-party autoresponder to touch base with leads. One is already provided for you and it comes with some useful automation features (for Platinum Plans only) that they collectively refer to as “Follow-up Funnels”. This feature enables marketers to automatically touch base with customers once certain conditions are met and triggered at pre-configured stages of the sales funnel. What does any of that mean to marketers though?
Simply put, Follow-up Funnels enables marketers to send out optimized marketing messages to a targeted audience at the most opportune stages of one’s sales funnel.
The Platinum plan for ClickFunnels will set you back $297 per month which is a significant amount of money for most small businesses. If you don’t want to spend that much, then you can get a third-party email like Hubspot, GetResponse, and Aweber.
Another notable feature of ClickFunnels is its membership site builder which enables marketers to offer online courses. You can build a membership platform with exclusive access to links, articles, videos and other training materials that members can access in exchange for a monthly fee.
Access to Marketing Training Resources
Unlike most other marketing tools on the market, ClickFunnels is more than just a tool but a complete marketing training resource. It is evident that its founder, Russel Brunson and the entire ClickFunnels team are concerned about helping users find success and less about selling their marketing tool.
There exists a comprehensive selection of training resources in the form of online courses, videos and other mediums that would enable businesses to make the most out of ClickFunnels.
If you’re new to ClickFunnels, then the training resource on offer is one feature you shouldn’t miss out on. There are plenty of free tutorials that might just provide new insights on how to effectively promote and sell your products or services using the said tool.
Complex sales funnels
Of course, the highlight of ClickFunnels is its ability to assist users in creating highly sophisticated click funnels. The tool comes with a selection of pre-set marketing funnels that you can use to sell just about any product or service.
The Pros and Cons of Using Click Funnels
Now that you’ve learned about some notable features offered by ClickFunnels, you might be wondering — what are the advantages and disadvantages of using the latter? It’s a good question and might just help you decide whether ClickFunnels is a good fit for your business.
Let’s start with the pros:
- ClickFunnels has everything you need to create and run a working sales funnel from the ground up. This includes an integrated affiliate management system, membership site builder and a fully functional autoresponder.
- ClickFunnels works with most third-party autoresponders and other marketing tools on the market. Hence there’s a lower risk of compatibility issues especially if you’ve been using other marketing platforms before switching to ClickFunnels.
- Lots of free training resources that will take you from being a complete beginner to an expert at sales funnel building
- ClickFunnels has been around for quite some time and hence, has the trust and proven reputation to boot from an army of loyal followers.
What about the cons?
- ClickFunnels is expensive for most small businesses. The startup plan costs $97 per month while the Platinum plan costs a whopping $297 per month.
- Even with the starter plan, users will have to deal with severe limitations (up to 20 funnels, limited to 3 domains, up to 20,000 visitors, etc). Plus you don’t get access to additional features like Follow-up Funnels and Backpack affiliates. If you find yourself in need of these features, then you’ll have no choice but to upgrade to a higher plan.
- More complicated to use especially for beginners. That said, all training material is provided to help with the steep learning curve.
- Landing pages hosted through ClicksFunnel are fairly slow which might affect conversions.
- Landing pages created using third-party page builders don’t work with ClicksFunnel. You’ll have to re-create them from scratch.
- ClickFunnels does not support sub-accounts. You can’t share access with other members of your organization.
A Good Look at Convertri — a Good Alternative to ClickFunnels?
If you’ve been looking for a more affordable and reputable alternative to Clickfunnels, then you’ve surely heard of Convertri. While not as powerful and versatile as ClickFunnels, Convertri does have a number of notable features that make the marketing tool worth considering.
Simply put, Convertri is a sales funnel building platform that offers a number of features that can make the lives of web marketers that much easier. The question remains — how does it compare to ClickFunnels? To find out, it is well learning about the following features that Convertri has on offer:
Page Import Tool
One feature that is unique to Convertri that you won’t find in ClickFunnels is the ability to integrate old landing pages created from third-party page builders. Convertri integrations work with most other page builders like Unbounce, Kartra, GetResponse and of course, ClickFunnels.
Dynamic Ad Text Replacement
You can phrase the copy on your ad to suit specific search queries. This can be a game-changer for marketers that rely on PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertising for bringing in targeted leads.
Specialized landing page builder for mobile users
According to a 2019 study by Statista (statistics research and database company), more than 61 percent of all Google searches are made from a mobile device. Wouldn’t it make sense then for business to put up landing pages that specifically cater to traffic from mobile users? Convertri can help you do just that!
Convertri pages come with mobile versions that you can configure in just about any way you want. For instance, you can set which web page elements show up on the mobile version of the page and where they show up in mobile devices.
Perhaps the best thing about this feature is that you don’t have to build a mobile landing page from scratch. Your regular landing page is automatically converted to a mobile version with all elements intact. This is remarkable considering that many businesses spend hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars in creating mobile-optimized versions of their landing pages.
Fast Page Speeds
According to Google, more than 40 percent of users abandon pages that take more than 3 seconds to load. The Convertri agency knows this all too well which is why they’ve put much effort into developing what they call “Accelerated Page Technology”. This feature helps ensure that landing pages load as rapidly as possible by optimizing the following:
- A CDN (Content Delivery Network) consists of layers of high-performance servers. Landing pages are hosted by multiple web servers to ensure optimal performance and stability.
- Lossless and efficient compression of images to preserve server memory. Performance is further optimized by auto-scaling images before it’s transmitted to users. Without this feature, the process is initiated by the web browser which can delay page speeds even further.
- Heavy page elements such as videos, images, and audio are stored in the server itself for the best possible performance.
Support for sub-accounts and team members
Convertri allows users to set up sub-accounts and share them with other members of your organization. This makes it easy to manage multiple sales funnels across various businesses. Convertri contacts are kept on a single database and readily accessible to team members.
If you run an internet marketing agency, then one feature that you might find helpful is the option to share sub-accounts with your clients with limited editing and publishing permissions.
The Pros and Cons of Using Convertri
Now we’ve gone over the defining features of Converti, you might be wondering about the specific pros and cons that you can expect when using the marketing tool. Is Convertri the lifetime deal that you’ve been waiting for?
Let’s get right into the pros of using Convertri
- Convertri pricing is more reasonable compared to that of Clickfunnels. The standard plan starts at $53 a month and comes with a generous selection of features — up to 50 sales funnels, 25,000 impressions per month, 500 landing pages, support for custom domains and many more.
- Spend a bit more on Convertri monthly pricing and you can upgrade to the Convertri Pro account for $58 per month and the premium Convertri agency plan for $166 per month. By comparison, ClickFunnels premium feature costs almost twice as much with features that you may not necessarily need.
- As a sales funnel and marketing tool, Convertri is more intuitive and user-friendly. There’s hardly any learning curve and all essential functions are neatly laid out in a short tutorial.
- You can use as many domains as you want and you can import your old landing pages into the marketing tool.
- You can easily create mobile-friendly versions of your landing pages with no technical input.
What about the cons?
- Lacks specialized features for advanced marketers. There is no option to create a membership site or affiliate program and no automation features.
- Convertrix is not a complete sales funnel and marketing tool. Marketers will require additional subscriptions to make it work like a third-party email autoresponder and marketing automation tools like Marketo and Constant Contact.
- Users will have to deal with various limitations across different Convertri monthly price plans. For instance, Dynamic Ad Text Replacement and Page Importer is only accessible to Pro accounts while sub-accounts are only available to users who’ve subscribed for the Convertri Agency plan.
So which side should you bet on — Clickfunnels vs Convertri? Well, that depends on what you really need out of a sales funnel and marketing tool. At the end of the day, you’d want to choose the marketing tool that provides you with all the solutions you need to close more sales and create profitable landing pages and marketing funnels.
While ClickFunnels is clearly the more expensive of the two, it offers a complete solution for anyone in need of a sales and marketing tool. That said, you should only pay their asking price if there’s real value in added features — affiliate programs, membership sites, etc. If not and you prefer to keep things as simple as possible, then Convertrix is probably going to give you more bang for your buck.